Sunday 29 September 2013

Scouting for Food

Dilemma.

I'm a student, I like food but I lack excessive funds.

One thing I found out as a Fresher is that I was pretty good at making my money go a long way in the food department. For example, I'd buy 3 types of meat: chicken, mince meat and beef for £10 and that'd give me about 3 weeks worth of food (if I ate the cooked meal once a day).. pretty good right? I'll say. So, as a second year I ought to be wiser right? I suppose. Point is I've scouted the high street and got a better deal: twin pack of mince meat for £5, 4 chicken breast fillets for £3, diced beef (an abundance btw) for £3 and liver for £1. Straight #ballin' from my local Iceland... (unless it's horsemeat.. in which case this post should self-destruct). Yes, Iceland. Infact, I got £36 worth of food there: this included pizza, toad in the hole, McVities Rich Tea, frozen veg, chips, ketchup etc. etc. Admittedly, as usual I got carried away and distracted by the varieties of food. Nonetheless, I got a bargain.

Follow me as I share my kitchen and food trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment